15.3.20

A certain problem with emotions

ADD driven emotions can modify the patient feelings drastically from time to time. Again speaking from my experience there are a lot changes I could show during a day when I'm taking decisions that are related to feelings. 

As you may know ADHD produces impaired activity in the Limbic systems which regulates emotions and attention. If you want more specific data you could check this video and its description for papers a more articles.


Being impulsive causes me a lot of trouble when I was younger. Don't miss understand me: There is a lot of impulsivity in my daily basics, but usually I control my reactions. One of my most recurrent problems tied with impulsivity was fighting whit my friends, specially my female friends. I was used to demand a lot of attention, when I did not get it, I started to feel frustrated. Frustration droves me into a spiral of positive feedback in where my only actions were asking for more attention and feeling more awkward and frustrated. Finally I was beginning to say things like "You don't love me" or "I don't mean nothing for you" or more intense things until the other person was getting tired and then blow me up. 

My self-soothing was very similar to Jessica in the video. The way I started to note this was when I got my first senior developer job. When I was feeling sad or lone my response was going for a cafe in Starbucks, or buying a subway, an expensive breakfast, etc. Another wrong self-soothing was playing videogames all day. Nothing healthy at all. 

For the final point (because we aren't either going to speak about refocusing our attention) and my bigger problem with ADD is not taking actions in line with my goals. This is like my everything until I was diagnosed. So much to say in here: During my first college year I started to study in an institute called Intenalco. The goal was to keep my grades high so I could get a scholarship but I did not put enough effort in studying at all I lose the scolarship and then forced to chage to another school. The next two years my main focus would be to finish without loosing any course. I ended up engaging in a relation ship an them leaving the institute just to enter into the university. My first university year was like the first year in intenalco, wanting a scholarship and not fighting for it. During that time I used to spent my time with friends and not going to classes: A nightmare.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

That one is really my goal?

  Since the early age of 7 one of my main goals was to learn how to code software and use that knowledge to create video games. My love for ...